Funding focus: Funds may be used for enabling, medical, dental and behavioral health services for farmworkers and their families when these services are not otherwise available or if the existing services are not sufficient to respond to the demand. Because of the numerous barriers to care that farmworkers experience, NCFHP strongly supports the provision of quality enabling services including outreach, health education, and case management.
Funding preferences: Preference will be given to applicants based on the criteria listed below:
- Demonstrates a need for increased health care services for migrant and seasonal farmworkers in their community.
- Demonstrates capacity to effectively address barriers to care for farmworkers and provide quality services.
- Demonstrates capacity to provide or link farmworkers to primary, dental, and behavioral health services and to respond to additional needs.
- Demonstrates capacity to effectively carry out COVID-19 prevention and response efforts.
- Proposes an efficient strategy that utilizes local resources and collaborates with other partners to respond to health care gaps that farmworkers face in their community.
- Proposes a plan to incorporate farmworker feedback into their service delivery approach or quality improvement efforts.
- Can meet NCFHP requirements and expectations outlined in the application.