NCFHP’s 2022 June Outreach Orientation is happening in person June 6-8. This training is required for new outreach staff funded by NCFHP (or staff who have never attended the annual NCFHP June Outreach Orientation, including student interns and volunteers).
In preparation for June Outreach Orientation, we recommend you read the Outreach Manual, but it isn’t required.
Before the orientation, we ask that you complete the pre-work. This will allow you to get the most out of the training.
- Heat Illness (5 pgs.) /Enfermedades por el calor (español) (6 páginas)
- Pesticides (5 pgs.) / Pesticidas (español) (5 páginas)
- Hypertension (4 pgs.)
- Diabetes (6 pgs.)
- Glosario de términos LGBT para equipos de atención a la salud (English
- Promoting Health Care Access to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Farmworkers (pdf) (7 pgs.)
- COVID-19 Updates (PDF) Coming soon!
- Booster Guidance for Providers and Educators (PDF) Coming soon!
Required virtual sessions:
- Camp Access and Basic Rights with NC Justice and Legal Aid NC, the Farmworker Unit
Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 3:00 PM-4:00 PM via Zoom
- Digital Equity for Farmworkers
TBD via Zoom
- FHASES: Please attend one of the following:
Option 1: Monday, June 13, 1-2:30 pm via Microsoft Teams
Option 2: Wednesday, June 15, 1-2:30 pm via Microsoft Teams
After training, we recommend you watch the following videos. These will help prepare you for your test and outreach work.
- Pesticidas y la Ley de Protección del Trabajador (WPS) para Trabajadores Agrícolas (video, 22 min, español)
- Los Pesticidas y los Trabajadores del Campo (webinario, 30 min, español)
- Enfermedades por Calor (webinario, 8 min, español)
- Green Tobacco Sickness / Enfermedad del tabaco verde (Español) (3 pgs.)
- Achieving Health Equity for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) People (video, 46 min, English)
- LGBT Healthcare Training Video: “To Treat Me, You Have to Know Who I Am” (video, 10:18 min, English)