Below are some resources related to emergency preparedness and disaster response relevant to farmworkers and the Latinx community in North Carolina.
COVID-19 and Infectious Disease Outbreaks
General Information on COVID-19 in Spanish:
- CDC Health Education Materials in English and Spanish
- Organización Panamericana de la Salud
- Gobierno de México
- NCDHHS Social Media Toolkit in English and Spanish
Immigration and COVID-19
- Updated information on immigrant eligibility for public programs during COVID-19
- Immigrant Access to Healthcare and Benefits During Emergencies: English / Spanish
- Other information on the intersection between immigration and COVID-19: www.ncjustice.org/public-charge and www.ncjustice.org/immigrant-health
Behavioral Health and COVID-19
- SAMHSA’s disaster distress hotline (in Spanish): call 1-800-985-5990 to connect with a trained crisis counselor, 24/7. Spanish-speakers can call the hotline and press “2” for 24/7 bilingual support.
- From the World Health Organization
Hurricanes and Natural Disasters
- Legal Aid of NC Disaster Relief: Provides legal assistance and education to survivors of natural disasters in North Carolina.
- Department of Health and Human Services has launched a Hurricane Dorian webpage with resources.
- Resource Guide for emergency assistance for farmworkers, including food, housing, supplies, legal assistance, healthcare and more, in English and Spanish (Legal Aid Farmworker Unit)
- Rights of H2A workers following a disaster, in Spanish and English (Legal Aid Farmworker Unit)
- Rights of tenants following a disaster, in Spanish and English (NC Justice Center)
- Eligibility and guide for immigrants seeking FEMA, food assistance and other disaster relief benefits. The flyer also discusses which benefits are available to tenants and homeowners. Available in Spanish and English (NC Justice Center)
Emergency Preparedness Resources:
- Including Outreach Workers and Community Health Workers in Health Center Emergency Preparedness and Management (Health Outreach Partners)
- Emergency Preparedness and Agricultural Workers (National Center for Farmworker Health)
- Hurricane Preparedness Guide (Spanish) (Red Cross)
- Promoting Emergency Preparedness and Strategic Partnerships Workshop, offered by NCFHP (below)